Poly High School Students Reaction to the 2020 Election

November 20, 2020

Poly Parrot’s Reaction to the 2020 Presidential Election

November 20, 2020 7:00 PM

By: Gina Morales

PRESS PLAY TO LISTEN TO PODCAST INTERVIEW!

Photo by Gina Morales

Poly Parrots reaction to the 2020 presidential election between the Republican candidate Donald Trump and Democratic candidate Joe Biden.

Running multiple laps, screaming, and soaring smiles were revealed as Poly high school students experienced the historical win of Joe Biden. With the additional 16 electoral votes from Pennsylvania on November 6, 2020 that gave Joe Biden the final votes for him to become the next president of the United States. Giving these Sun Valley high school students hope for the future of the government’s decision making to solve the issues settled in our country today.

Both Poly Juniors, Mia Chavez and Daniel Negrete joined me on a Saturday morning to discuss the win of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. Their reactions were endearing as Mia Chavez exclaims, “I just like did a good lap around in my room for a bit, I was like oh my god! This is it!” With such joy that Mia Chavez resulted in, Daniel Negrete responds to this historical win with feeling satisfied and hopeful for what changes Joe Biden will have with his administration. He states, “Biden has announced that he would join the Paris agreement according to his first day and he has other policies regarding Covid-19, affordable healthcare, and the economy.” Giving Daniel Negrete hope for what new changes this president will bring and will succeed to help our nation rather than what measures Donald Trump took to reduce the spread of Covid-19 and have an action to solve the climate change crisis. With this mentioned, Poly students hope that the end of Donald Trump’s term can bring assistance within their nation and community for a recovered future. 

Additional Reaction Photos

Photo by Cynthia De La Luz

Poly Parrot captures her reaction after Biden wins the 20 addition points in Pennsylvania 

Find Us: Instagram/Snapchat/TikTok

Special Guests

Mia Chavez

Daniel Negrete-Gonzalez

Contributors to this Podcast Episode

Podcast Editor

Gina Morales

Podcaster

Gina Morales

Editor in Chief

Alessandra Quintanilla

Photography

Cynthia De La Luz

Staff

Edgar Munoz