Construction Update

Construction+Update

Natalie Sanchez

Construction Update

By Natalie Sanchez

December 6, 2020

Photographer: Cynthia De La Luz

A picture of Poly high school being constructed for better and improved sites. 

John H. Francis Polytechnic High school is currently under construction for the rebuilding of the school’s community. The school district sent out mail to all families and students leading on the message of the continuation to improve school facilities for students in anticipation of their return. 

Buildings that have been around for many years are being demolished for new construction such as the main gym, student store, library, auditorium, music, math & science classroom building, that has been demolished during this year. 

The modernization plan is being implemented to enhance the school for student’s safety. New and improved construction sites are now being constructed now such as administration buildings, gym and cafeteria/Library/Media center, classrooms, etc. 

During the construction phase, new underground utilities were demonstrated. In phase 2, a demonstration of the buildings being shown as the future reference while many buildings are being knocked down. In phase 3, the start of the construction is being put to work. In the year of 2024, the school community will be rebuilt for students.

The workers work Monday-Friday: 7am to 5pm and Saturdays: 8am to 6pm. The overall construction plan is linked with fencing around the project for people’s safety. All the workers wear safety gear and a vest. The school district will notify neighbors prior to the noise in this activity. Poly high school campus will be soon to be improved with new construction sites for students and staff once they return to school.

Photographer: Cynthia De La Luz

On Poly grounds Cynthia took a picture of the new project that is being modernized now.

Photographer: Cynthia De La Luz