Cal fresh hosts Produce Market and Garden Workday.

+CSUN+students+giving+healthy+foods+to+families+that+needs+them

Alisia Ruble

CSUN students giving healthy foods to families that needs them

Estivensegal Larin, Staff Writer

Julie Chun, a Coordinator for Poly high, gave information on Schoology.com about the Produce Market And Garden Workday at Vaughn Family and Community Center in Pacoima.

This event is free for all families stated by Julie Chun in her announcement, that on the 7th of March from 8:30 – 10:30 they will be giving out healthy foods for families for FREE. This isn’t a joke, even though she restated free twice on the announcement she clearly states that this a place to get fresh foods without paying for them. But, it continues in April on the 18th, May 2nd, and June 6th.

In the world we live today, it’s very hard to get access to healthy fruits and vegetables, but this event is going to give healthy foods away with no cost, so it’s accessible to everyone in the community.

“Calfresh healthy living will have free, healthy fruits and vegetables available at no cost to you!’ Stating on their flyer, sponsoring the event.

However, it’s not only receiving health foods to take home, but Calfresh also accept extra produce if families have some laying around in their homes, so they can share it with everyone. That’s not the only thing, but they also give students and parents to earn volunteer hours to help around with the event.

Just know they won’t be giving out bags so bring your own bag with you.

“Please bring your own reusable bag or tote with you and wear comfortable shoes and clothes,” said Calfresh on their flyer.